All you need to know about our
How to Register
1. Complete the registration form.
2. Pay the $10 per week non-refundable deposit at the Kroc Center Welcome Desk.
3. Submit immunization records (or religious exemption), Summer Food Service Program Form, Health & Contact Card and subsidy agreement (if applicable).
Costs & Discounts
Costs $90 - $144.39 per week!
Camp Only $110.00 per week
Extended Day $144.39 per week
Paid-in-full $ 10.00 per week
Must pay-in-full at time of registration.
Kroc Member Discount $ 10.00 per week
Child must be a member at time of registration.
*Extended Care is an additional $34.39 per week per camper and must be paid for by Monday at 6:30pm for the week. Students cannot participate in Extended Care until the cost has been paid in full.
Regular Camp Hours 9:00am-4:00pm
A teen job skills & leadership
for ages 14-18
Summer Camp is FULL!
The Waiting List is Open.
WHO: Teens 14-18 who like working with children and want to grow their job skills and get volunteer experience
WHAT: Develop leadership and job skills and have a little fun while getting hands-on experience working with children at our summer camps. Students will receive training in child development and safety, concussion management, food service and general job skills. Breakfast, lunch and a snack will be provided during the program.
What is Group Assignment? You will be assigned to work with a counselor of a specific age group or with an instructor of a specific class (like dance, sports, art or music) based on your skills and interests.
WHEN: 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday, June 24-August 16
Kroc Krew members must attend the training on Saturdays, May 25-June 15 and commit to 2 full weeks of camp.
For More Information Download the Kroc Krew Application
8:30-9:20 Breakfast Service
9:25-10:45 Group Assignment
10:50-11:45 Job Skills Class, Dance Class or Sports League
11:30-1:30 Lunch Service
2:10-3:35 Group Assignment
3:40-4:30 Snack Service & Wrap Up
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my child has special needs? The Kroc Center’s commitment to programming “without discrimination” means children that present different ways of learning and diverse abilities are welcome to apply for our program. Parents/guardians of children with special needs must contact the Education Manager at least two weeks prior to the desired start date to schedule an interview to determine whether the Kroc Center can provide appropriate accommodations for your child and which programs will be best suited for the child. There may be additional information required for the inclusion program.
Who is watching my child? We recruit staff that have training or experience working with children. All staff members have cleared background and reference checks. Additionally, all counselors are at least 18 years of age. Your child will be assigned a counselor and be placed in a group of no more than 15 students for every 1 adult counselor. All staff is required to participate in pre-summer orientation that includes the following topics:
Personnel policies & practices
First Aid, CPR, blood borne pathogens & handwashing
Daily health surveillance procedures
Lost camper policies
Lost swimmer policies
Other topics as determined by the Kroc Center’s Education Manager
Can you accept my voucher or scholarship? Yes, we can accept any childcare vouchers & scholarships, but there may be additional paperwork you need to complete. Please see the program supervisor. Additionally, you need to understand the following policies for families utilizing vouchers for payment:
1. The Kroc Center will accept co-payments as payments in full for our summer camp program.
2. Children will not be permitted to attend camp if the parent has an outstanding balance of swipes from the previous week.
3. The Kroc Center will not hold Family First Cards. The person or people picking up or dropping off the child must retain the card. Additional cards may be requested for families who need them.
4. Parents/guardians of children who are registered for and do not attend camp or who do not swipe as required will be required to pay any amount that the Kroc Center cannot be refunded for up to $26.48 per day. If a parent/guardian is able to provide a doctor’s note for days absent, the parent/guardian will not be charged. Parent/guardian notes will not be accepted in lieu of a doctor’s note.
How do I make a payment? Payments can be made at the Kroc Center Welcome Desk (Entrance B) 8:00am-7:00pm, Monday-Saturday. The Kroc Center accepts credit, debit, cash, check or money order. If you have been awarded a scholarship, please bring the scholarship award letter with you. Please be aware, payments cannot be made during before care.
Have a question that wasn't answered? Email NJKrocKids@use.salvationarmy.org
THE SALVATION ARMY
RAY & JOAN KROC CORPS COMMUNITY CENTER
To donate clothing, furniture, household items or a non-antique car, please call 1-800-SA-TRUCK (1-800-728-7825) or visit satruck.org to schedule a pick up or drop off